Call for Papers
Journal of Social Sciences, a double blind peer review Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized open access journal, invites the researchers, scholars, and social scientists to submit their research articles for publication. Journal provides a platform for educationists and researchers to publish their genuine research. The Journal sets high standards of credibility by publishing only genuine research and discourages plagiarism. It encourages independence of opinions and views. However, it will not be responsible for the views expressed in the articles. The articles may be subject to editing for reasons of clarity and space in the light of recommendations of the referees and editorial board. We strive for global interaction amongst researchers of various social scientists as th diverse Advisory Board of the Journal shows.
Double Blind Paper Review Process
The research articles will be reviewed by two reviewers. The anonymity of the researchers and the reviewers will be maintained. This blind peer review process is in keeping with the HEC’s guidelines for reviewing of the online research journals.
Scope of the Journal
The Journal being an interdisciplinary journal of social sciences accommodates research papers on the social sciences including but not limited to Anthropology, Communication Studies, Economics, Education, History, International Relations, Linguistics, Literature, Mass Communication, Political Science, Psychology, Law and Fine Arts, Sociology, Gender Studies, Urban Studies.
Ensure the Following
- One author should be designated as the corresponding author with the following details for refereeing, publication and post-publication correspondence:
• Mobile number
• Email address
• Postal address
The other authors’ (first, second, third etc.) information of designation, institutional affiliation are required for reference, preferably their email addresses and mobile numbers may also be given for quick and convenient communication if required.
- Abstracts of up to 200-250 words that explain the issue, method of data collection, methodology of analysis and gist of the argument of the research
• The Journal publishes full length articles of 4000-6000 words.
• Include 3-5 key words in small letters except the first one and proper nouns.
• Avoid figures and tables that require color print.
• All figures and tables should carry relevant captions, titles and descriptive notes.
• In case of multiple sources in a single reference or note, separate them with a semicolon (;).
• Manuscript should be spell checked and grammar checked.
• All the references mentioned in the In-Text references should be present in Reference List and vice versa.
• For referencing, manuscript needs to follow APA 6th Manual.
• Use Times New Roman Font with 12 font size except indented quote (for 40 or more words) with 10 font size.
• Divide your paper into numbered sections and subsections with self-explanatory headings. Subsections should be numbered 1.1 (then 1.1.1, 1.1.2 …), 1.2, etc. These numbers should be used for cross-referencing as well: do not just refer to ‘the text’. Abstract should not be numbered.
• Title should be comprehensive, informative and concise for easy retrieval. Avoid abbreviations if possible.
Professor Dr. Asim Mahmood
Editor, Journal of Social Sciences
Government College University Faisalabad