Guidelines for Authors
The contributions submitted to Journal of Social Sciences should follow the following instructions:
Length and Format
The manuscript should be typed, single spaced, with word limit of 4000-6000 words excluding references. Style and expression should be formal and academic. The articles should be proof read and free from typo and grammatical errors. The citation and references should conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). The author/s is responsible for accuracy of references and originality of expression and ideas. The body of the article should follow the author’s brief biography covering full name, qualification, designation, institutional affiliation(s), areas of interest and email address.
The research paper would normally include the following elements:
- Introduction to the content of the paper and the author’s position
- Literature review based on critique of the works already available in the field
- Research question/s or hypothesis, explicit or implicit
- Methods of data collection and analysis and methodology of interpretation in line with the adopted theoretical position
- Conclusion providing the summation of the argument, findings and inferences which may follow recommendations
Headers and Page Numbers
Do not include headers or page numbers in the manuscript.
An abstract of 200-250 words, Times New Roman, indented 1 centimeter on each margin, at the beginning of the paper; preferably presenting a brief of what to expect in the paper. Abstract should be one continuous paragraph in which headings are to be avoided.
“Keywords:” in Straight, Bold followed by 3-5 key words in Italics, pertaining to the main concepts of the paper, separated by a comma within the same line
Times New Roman 12 point, single spacing with 6 pt paragraph spacing, Justified
Title of the Paper/Heading level 1
Times New Roman 16, Bold, Centered
Sub-Headings/Heading level 2
Sub-headings in Times New Roman 14, Bold, Left Aligned with 6 pt paragraph spacing after. All headings are in sentence case; however, too many headings and heading-numbers should be avoided.
Sub-Headings/Heading level 3
Sub-headings in Times New Roman12, Bold, Left Aligned with 6 pt paragraph spacing after
Tables & Figures
Tables and Figures should be Centered. Use Times New Roman 12 for captions and titles of figures and tables, leaving one blank line before and after. Tables are labeled above and figures are labeled below. A colon is inserted after the number of the Table or Figure. Use Calibri 10 for text within the tables and figures.
May be avoided, if possible
References are listed as per the latest APA format aside from these details:
- Times New Roman 11 point, single spacing
- Second and subsequent lines within each reference are indented 0.5cm
- A blank line is left between references
- Add complete web link(s) without hyperlinks along with the retrieval date
- In case of a reference from a journal/magazine, mention the complete title of the Journal, Paper/Article, Volume Number, Issue Number and the Page Numbers
- Please avoid references from Wikipedia
References stated within text should be author and date and page(s):
John (2005) observes that …
Michael, Cohen and Alexander (2015, p. 70) comment that …
the issue has been questioned and critiqued time and again (Silko 2010, Momaday 2014, Boyd 2016) but …
Contributions should be sent to:
Professor Dr. Asim Mahmood
Editor, Journal of Social Sciences
Government College University Faisalabad